tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 27 14:55:20 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Dhammapada 183

Qov ([email protected])

At 11:00 '?????' 4/27/2012, ghunchu'wI' wrote:

> In {SoHvaD tlhIngan Hol vIghojmoH} the lesson learned isn't really the object of the verb.

There's room for debate on the exact nuances of grammar at work, but what else but the object could it be?

What I suppose I meant was, "the lesson learned only gets to be the object of the verb because the student is hiding under the -vaD. Ordinarily the student should be the object of ghojmoH."

- Qov