tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 21 17:33:09 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' roomie wanted

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

We worked out well as roommates last year, lets make it a tradition! If you have to bail I'll try to drag someone else along.

At 09:16 '?????' 4/21/2012, Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh wrote:

ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
> I'm planning on going, have already asked for the time off work and
> unless my boss gets sick that week (she's the only one who can cover
> for me) I'm good to go.
>
> Airfare to Chicago is always stupid expensive for some reason, so I'm
> definitely looking to share a hotel room.

My PhD supervisor has just put the kybosh on my spending time in the
field again this year, so that I can keep focused on getting my thesis
finished (as the archaeobotanist in charge on the site he's the one with
the final say). So I may be able to make it to qep'a' after all, as it
will be only a week away from the thesis, not the month or two I'd've
been on site. Luckily the strong Oz dollar at the minute means airfares
to the US are cheap, so a short-hop visit is very possible.

> I have girl parts, but am not fussy about what sort my roommate has,
> and if work makes me bail at the last moment and you can't get a
> replacement roomie, I'll commit to paying my half regardless.

I haven't decided yet if I'll be going. But if I am I'll be looking to
share a room, if you're okay to put up again with a night owl who talks
Klingon in his sleep. I'll let you know ASAP.

QeS 'utlh