tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 17 19:17:39 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' vaghmaH vagh: <taS SuQ>‏

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv ([email protected])

It's really easy to get an emotional attachment to a specific, if unjustified interpretation of the meaning of a word. I really don't much reason to make any more assumptions about how many {'op} is than I would about specifically identifying the subject of {leghlu'}. The whole point of {-lu'} is to NOT specify the subject, and the whole point of {'op} is to not specify the number.

It does suggest greater than zero, and I believe less than all, since I honestly read it as "an unspecified portion", and zero is not a portion and all is not a portion. Think of it as one half, with a margin of error of 0.4999999999999999...

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv
[email protected]