tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 06 16:02:32 2011

[Tlhingan-hol] paq'batlh: lutvaD ghotvam luDalu'

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

Yesterday I received my copy of _paq'batlh: The Klingon Epic._ I
immediately looked up a few passages that I had wanted to
double-check, and I'll be commenting on them soon. But when I sat down
this evening and actually started reading through it, I noticed
something on the very first page of the actual story.

In the "Dramatis Personae", one character is listed as "Molor's
Envoy". The facing Klingon names him {molor ghal}. The character is
introduced early in the text as "an envoy of Molor" {molor Duy'}. He
has but two lines, and so far as I can tell does not appear again.

I know the verb {ghal} "be jealous" well. It was revealed in response
to my request (as a newly induced Friend of Maltz) for a way to
express jealousy. I've never known it to be used as a noun, but if it
were, I'd have said it meant "envy".

-- ghunchu'wI'