tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 04 19:52:44 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - First Words

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
> car - puH Duj
 > Long overdue as a daily life item.

I don't know about you, but the fact that we know there's not one
special word means I'm likely going to keep calling it yav Duj. :)
I've seen ghor Duj used before too.

taH:
> ship - bIQ Duj
 > Obvious and appreciated.

Indeed! I translated "harbour" in the Rime with bIQ Duj vergh, so
it's nice to know my instincts were on-target.

A small part of me was disappointed, since it's said that Klingons
have a history of naval warfare in TKW, and a little part of me was
hoping they'd have a distinct word for a sea-going ship. But I guess
the word Duj might have been the original word for "ship", and only
later became used for spaceships (as happened in English).

QeS 'utlh