tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 03 13:48:16 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Shopping

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT:
>> We see {'aplo'} in both "cassete" and "batteries".
>> I don't have it listed in my notes.

Felix Malmenbeck:
> We previously saw it on a picture on the side of what appeared to be
> an early draft of the Klingon MONOPOLY box: 'aplo'mey puS neH
> chenmoHlu'pu' (although without any of the glottal stops).

This was replaced by the newer:

  veymey puS neH chenmoHlu'pu'
  Limited Edition.
  (i.e. "Only a few {veymey} have been made.")

{vey} appeared again on the box cover:

  boSwI'vaD veyvam le' chenmoHlu'
  Collector's Edition.
  (i.e. "this special {vey}, made for the collector")

> So, the translation "box" or "container" is looking very feasible.

So {'aplo'} would be the game box itself.  Including all its contents (board, cards, game pieces, dice)?

What's the current consensus on {vey}?  Copy?  Issue?  Edition?  Version?  Set?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons