tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 26 09:05:46 2011

RE: Translation Assistance

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I think there should be a project to standardize metaphors and
language for computer systems in Klingon. While I know it would
facilitate terrible Klingon translations by people who got a hold of
the list without knowing anything about the language it wouldn't make
such translations any worse or any less common than they would
otherwise be and it would give us a ghost of a chance of understanding them.

More importantly it would facilitate the task of making GOOD
translations, and not make me just ignore such projects, as too much
work for a mediocre result.

At 08:26 26/07/2011, you wrote:
>naHQun/Michael Roney, Jr. PKT:
> > I'm almost at the deadline of my latest project.
> > The following words/phrases are still untranslated.  I haven't given
> > up on them, but it'd be nice to get some suggestions from others.
> > Some of them will be really easy once I get one or two words.
> Like "filter".
>
>I've used the verb {buv} "classify" for "sort, filter, catalog,
>file" in the past.  My notes show that *{buvHa'} was used by someone
>on the List for "misfile" and someone else used {veQ QIn buvwI'} for
>"junk mail filter".
>
> > Insert Link
> > Remove Link
>
>I've seen *{rarwI'} used for "connection, link" here on the List.
>
> > Search Mailboxes
>
>For "mailbox" how about *{QInghom}?
>

>--
>Voragh