tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 22 06:12:00 2011

RE: Context

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

lojmit tI'wI'nuv:
> Given how often Okrand has explained that aspects of the language requires
> context to comprehend detail, it is ironic that he has not given us a word for
> "context".

Nor words for "surroundings", "environment" or "topic" for that matter.  The closest equivalent I can think of is {ghu'} "situation" or {wanI'} "phenomenon, event, occurrence".  There's a line by Azetbur in the ST6 novel:

  ghu'maj Dayajbe'law', Sa'
  "You don't seem to grasp our situation, General."

which could be modified:

   ghu' Dayajchu'be'
   You clearly don't understand the context.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level