tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 06 12:51:46 2011

RE: RE: Compensating

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

Voragh:
> I think your TKD quote is an example of a prefix-less general "purpose noun":

Agreed. In fact, looking in TKD (p. 64-65), MO confirms that ja'chuqmeH is part of the object, not a purpose clause that modifies the whole sentence.
Based on this, I figure one should be able to say toH quv'eghmoHmeH betleH DaSuqta''a'. ("So, you've gotten yourself a self-aggrandizement bat'leth?")

//loghaD