tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 05 12:56:44 2010

RE: tlhIngan Hol audio casting call

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

qurgh:
>> Here are the sample lines:
>>
>> 1) tlhIngan Hol DajatlhlaH'a'
>> 2) HISlaH, tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhlaH
>> 3) maj. nuqDaq bIH mebpa'mey'e'
>> 4) tlhop yIghoS 'ej qachDaq poS yItlhe'

Andre:
>Shouldn't sentence 3 read as follows:
>3) maj. nuqDaq bIHtaH mebpa'mey.
>
>I think as it was written up there, it's slightly ungrammatical, mainly
>because of the missing -taH. The -'e' may stay of course, but isn't
>necessary, is it?

No, qurgh's sentence is correct.

Generally {-taH} is added to the pronoun-as-verb (PAV) when indicating location... EXCEPT when asking a question with {nuqDaq}.  (In fact, there are no examples of {-taH} on a PAV in a question with {nuqDaq} that I know of.)  {-taH} on the pronoun may be optional, but not the {-'e'} on an explicit subject noun which is always present.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level