tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 15 12:07:38 2010

RE: tractor beam

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

> OTOH I wonder if Maltz hasn't also given us the word for "tow",
> which we've been lacking until now, or at least a slang term:
>{yuH} "yank" - as tractor beams are primarily used for towing.

By the Federation, perhaps, but one might imagine that Klingons mainly use tractor beams for tactical purposes; a good "yank" may be a good way to throw your enemy off balance, possibly turning the tables in your favor.

Interestingly, though, I don't think we have any other words for pulling things.

Back to archive top level