tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 07 02:20:01 2010

Re: latlh mu' chu'

R Fenwick ([email protected])

QInvamDaq Quvar HIjwI' vIDaqa'.

QeS 'utlh

-----

Am 06.12.2010 16:58, schrieb Felix Malmenbeck:
>> It sounds as if Okrand thought {nagh beQ} would do for any sort
>> of picture/image and didn't understand why people were
>> uncomfortable with it.

Why did he not just tell us? ;-)

> Indeed, while I've always felt that it's strange to refer to a
>computerized image as a nagh beQ, I suppose it's really not much
>stranger than...

Marc Okrand has used a few "antique" words and told us the have a
meaning today. About nagh beQ, he did not. He described it as a
painting, but never as some kind of photo or image.

Anyway, I am happy to have a new word, and I am happy to have a
"precise" word.

PS: it has always bothered me I could not say {naghbeQmey} ;-)

Quvar.
(HablI'wIj DaDamo' qatlho'qu', QeS.)

Back to archive top level