tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 08:00:32 2010

RE: latlh mu' chu'

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

> It sounds as if Okrand thought {nagh beQ} would do for any sort
> of picture/image and didn't understand why people were
> uncomfortable with it.

Indeed, while I've always felt that it's strange to refer to a computerized image as a nagh beQ, I suppose it's really not much stranger than referring to a digital movie as a "film", or to a plastic table covering as a "tablecloth".  Also, while I'm not a computer expert, I'm pretty certain that not all storage disks are disk-shaped.

Back to archive top level