tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 31 20:44:41 2008

Re: More from Maltz

Lawrence John Rogers ([email protected])

It's cool you can that you've got your canon down, Voragh.  Often it'd be
neat if creators did the same ... and maybe they do sometimes, it's just
that their fans have get the bigger picture because they're less involved in
the creative process.

I know I don't have much of a say because I've just started.  So I'll just
say that I think wIlpuqmey is cool.  Don't get bogged down that he "only
gives us one word a year" or however often it is.  Be happy that he's
involved as much as he is and gives you anything.  He showed up at this
Conference thing, that's cool.

What the language already has is totally enough, right?  Can't you guys say
pretty much anything you want?  I mean, "Hamlet" and "Gilgamesh" have been
translated in their entirity, now Taoism' "The Book of Virtue".

Maybe he meant it as some deep kindness, like remembering Dr. d'Speers first
attempt to teach his darling Hol.  Let's not be gloomy Gusses...

Steven Boozer writes:

> Lawrence M. Schoen:
>> On Sunday morning, as things were winding down and people
>> were leaving, [Okrand] revealed a new word from Maltz.
>>    <wIlpuq> - pudding
>
> ghunchu'wI':
>>> Dr. Okrand also offhandedly volunteered that it was "kind of like
>>> butterscotch", using a half-shrug and a hand gesture that I associate
>>> with uncertainty.  But I don't believe there would be anything wrong with
>>> referring to Terran chocolate pudding as {yuch wIlpuq}.
>
> Alex ("Fiat Knox"):
>> Maltz should be given some chocolate pudding for his
>> efforts.  yuch wIlpuq parHa' Hoch.
>

> "Despite the general absence of sweet foods from their diet, Klingons tend to be quite enthusiastic about {yuch} (chocolate), at least in its purest forms."  [KGT p.85]
>

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level