tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 28 08:49:40 2008

More from Maltz

Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Dr. Marc Okrand, creator of the Klingon language, put in an
appearance (as he usually does) at this year's <B>qep'a'</B>.
On Sunday morning, as things were winding down and people were
leaving, he revealed a new word from Maltz.

<B>wIlpuq</B> - <I>pudding</I>

Later that day, as Marc was driving home from Pennsylvania, he was
caught in a torrential rain storm. Somehow, because of the downpour
Marc was able to link up with Maltz, question his Klingon informant
some more, and obtain a second term. Alas, the rain ended before more
could be wrenched from Maltz.

Marc emailed me with this additional bit of <B>tlhIngan Hol</B> last
night (I choose to think of this as a birthday gift from Maltz). Marc
asked Maltz about how to say "digress." I'll quote directly from
Marc's email now:

"He wasn't aware of a single word for that, but he said there's a
commonly used phrase: <B>DoS chIl</B>.  So <I>I digress</I> would be
<B>DoS vIchIl</B>.  And so on."

pItlh.

Lawrence M. Schoen, Ph.D.
http://www.lawrencemschoen.com
Author / Publisher / Psychologist / Klingonist

Back to archive top level