tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 28 20:42:21 2008

Re: More from Maltz

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Jul 28, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen wrote:

> Dr. Marc Okrand, creator of the Klingon language, put in an
> appearance (as he usually does) at this year's <B>qep'a'</B>.
> On Sunday morning, as things were winding down and people were
> leaving, he revealed a new word from Maltz.
>
> <B>wIlpuq</B> - <I>pudding</I>

Dr. Okrand also offhandedly volunteered that it was "kind of like
butterscotch", using a half-shrug and a hand gesture that I associate
with uncertainty.  But I don't believe there would be anything wrong
with referring to Terran chocolate pudding as {yuch wIlpuq}.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level