tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 27 22:23:10 2008

Re: idea for writing system

Lawrence John Rogers ([email protected])

Thankfully, most "natural" writing systems don't account for the
non-phonetic pragmatic or semantic differences between

thinking

and

thinkin'

aside from the quasi-modern  . ? !

Wouldn't it be a beast if this writing system had no word spaces?  Something
we so love to associate with "modernity" and "progress".  Besides, such
regular suffixes appear to make Klingon language a good canidate for such a
system.  I think it's fair to say that most writing systems that have ever
existed haven't used spaces or word-breaking characters.  Or punctuation.

I'm glad to have so many people's insights and leads.  I suspect that this
project would include a number of years in which occaisional updates and my
improved Klingon would be the only life-signs.

Back to archive top level