tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 05 07:55:45 2008

Re: Klingon Empire: A Burning House

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

At 07:32 AM Tuesday 2/5/2008, naHQun wrote:

>Oh! and we see some opera singers backstage.
>
>Apparently it's a long held belief/tradition for the singers to drink
>(in this case cheap bloodwine) before a performance. They claimed
>(despite the medical inconsistencies) that it helped lubricate the
>throat and improve their singing ability. Some of them got quite
>drunk.
>
>Hence, thirsty as a singer.

{'oj; bomwI' rur}

   The association of thirst with singing is probably due to the
   custom of accompanying drinking with singing and the usual
   practice of continuing both of these activities for a great
   length of time.    (KGT 129-30)

I like DeCandido's explanation better.  I wonder... do we see the fine hand
of Marc Okrand behind this?  It certainly sounds like one of his explanations.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level