tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 23 16:12:05 2008

Re: cha' Hol ngeb mu'ghommey Daj vItu'pu'!

On Apr 23, 2008, at 8:52 AM, Doq wrote:
> We can't know, especially given
> the fact that Christopher Lloyd is the only actor who has ever
> pronounced his Klingon clearly and consistently,

I believe Spice Williams (Vixis) and Todd Bryant (Klaa) both did a
great job in ST5 as well.

> and within his
> limited number of lines, we don't have any examples of compound nouns
> pronounced both as such and as separate, but adjacent nouns, and
> Okrand has made no description of this in any of his canon.

They're not precisely what you're talking about, but I think the
homophonous phrases {vaj toDuj Daj ngeHbej DI vI'} and {vaj toDDujDaj
ngeHbej DIvI'} are still relevant.  Syllables in separate words sound
indistinguishable from the same syllables in a single word.

Back to archive top level