tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 11 18:58:11 2008

Re: HISlaH/ghobe' with negative questions

On Apr 11, 2008, at 11:01 AM, Steven Boozer wrote:
> Would Klingons answer the
> literal question exactly as asked (as they do in Vulcan I would
> imagine),
> or would they answer the implied question behind the literal form
> (as we do
> in English)?

Does it matter how Klingons would answer it?  Klingons wouldn't *ask*
it.  Be straightforward!

Qorwagh yISoQmoH!

Avoid the problem.  Ask the question directly.  Don't make the other
person have to figure out what answer you want.

Back to archive top level