tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 19 12:01:11 2006

RE: Klingon D and Arabic Daad

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

DloraH:
>A normal everyday person off the street, especially here in America where
>most people are not multi-lingual, would most likely not be able to tell the
>difference.

Dr Julian Bashir (Siddig El Fadil/Alexander Siddig) might!

   Sid was born Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig El Abderahman El
   Mohammed Ahmed El Abdel Karim El Mahdi on November 21, 1965, in the
   Sudan.  Had he remained there, he would have been known simply as
   Siddig ("El" means "the son of"). Western culture requires a surname,
   so Sid first used "Siddig El Fadil", then changed to "Alexander
   Siddig" in 1995, though most of his friends refer to him as "Sid".
   Sid's uncle, Sadiq al-Mahdi, was a former Prime Minister of the Sudan.

See the full biography at http://mario.lapam.mo.it/ds9/bashir.htm.

I even found a picture of him "resplendent in Klingon bachelor party wear" at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/KColohan/sidcred.htm

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons