tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 19:34:39 2006

Re: Any new vocab from the qep'a'?

Eric Zay ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

"yan" as a noun is in KGT also.  What Okrand confirmed to me was that he did take the word yan from yan Isleth (Apocalypse Rising) and that he did think that he had also come up with a proper spelling/pronunciation for Isleth (meaning brotherhood).  However, he could not remember what it was.
At one point during the qep'a' I snuck a look at the list Okrand was making of requested words.  "Brotherhood" was on the list so I assume that he is searching his notes from previous conversations with Maltz.

SuSvaj

McArdle <[email protected]> wrote: Steven Boozer  wrote:

  >ghel SuSvaj:
>>On behalf of those of us who do not have HolQeD subscriptions (and are
>>despairing of ever being able to get them) could anyone tell us if Marc
>>Okrand graced us with new vocab words?
>
>The only thing I have is your own note to me when I asked that question
>back in July:
>
>[Okrand] canonized the word {yan} from Yan Isleth "Brotherhood of
>the Sword" (SuSvaj at qep'a' 2006; cf. DS9 "Apocalypse Rising")

  {yan} appears in KGT, as "sword" and "use or manipulate a sword".  Is this different in some way?

  I assume that Isleth means "brotherhood".  I haven't found this anywhere and it's not a Klingon spelling, so I assume it's a Federation Standard transcription.  Does a canonical Klingon version exist?

  qavan

  mIq'ey

Sponsored Link

Sponsored Link

Rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Loan for $1698/mo -   Calculate new house payment

Back to archive top level