tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 20 04:22:56 2006

Re: A probably missed pun...

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

True... 5.5 was rather short but i am taking a guessing that every cuss there would be used like "damn" or "shit" in english, only with maybe a little more color.
QeS 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:  ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>Meh, but it would be nice to actually know what it means, so
>maybe we would have a better idea on how to correctly use
>the words.

The Addendum to the second edition of TKD (section 5.5) contains a bit more
explanation of invectives. Anyway, if the Klingon curses are as strong in
meaning as they're described in TKD, I seriously doubt the editors at Pocket
Books would let the English translations through uncensored.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D21550&_t=21550&_r=endtext&_m=EXT