tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 19 14:32:52 2006

Re: Cute/Adorable KLBC (again)

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Seems though that simple concepts in english to explain are rather lengthy to say in Klingon verses everything else in klingon that tends to be short without going into what in english would be dramatic terms to keep it that short... (i hope that makes sence...) In other words, it'd take a great deal of words on it's own just to say "hug" or "cute", or you could accept dramatic terms like "hold" or "mate" and "attractive".. If you catch my drift...
[email protected] wrote:  I used to feel pretty much the same way, that Klingon was poor in resources
for expressing oneself. I've changed my mind, though, after seeing how better
speakers than I are able to express themselves. Not only do you have to know
the vocabulary and grammar *very* well, you have to play with the language a
lot to see what you can say with it, without resorting to English. Practice is
essential, and it takes a lot of time and effort.
The chances that we'll get anything to make the language 'easier' is wishful
thinking at best. The language is already easy. Trying to use English as the
basis and standard for Klingon is what makes Klingon seem hard.

Yahoo! Travel
 Find  great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!

Back to archive top level