tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 19 06:27:20 2006

Re: Cute/Adorable KLBC (again)

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

There are no words for "lovable" or "cute". The
closest alternative I can think of off-hand is
{'IH} "beautiful".

You need to accept that Klingon is not a code
for English and that not every English word has
a Klingon equivalent.  Try to analyze the idea
behind the English word and then express that
idea in Klingon.  For example, what does "lovable"
really mean in a particular context? You might
be able to paraphrase it in Klingon, eg.
{muDuQ qablIj} "your face moves me emotionally"
or {qaneH 'e' muraD porghlIj} "Your body makes
me want you."

If you have TKD and the list of New Words from the
KLI website, you have almost all the exiting Klingon
words.  If you can't find a particular English
translation there, assume the word/concept doesn't
exist in Klingon, and try to find a work-around
along the lines of the above.

--- Shane MiQogh <[email protected]> wrote:

> how would we express some one is lovable or cute,
> when there is no verb for love (which has been
> brought up before that muSHa' wouldn't be
> appropriate)?

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level