tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 01 18:07:07 2006

Hol lutlh (was Re: Klingon word for "Bookmarklet"/"Favelet"?)

On Feb 27, 2006, at 11:16 PM, Shane MiQogh wrote:

> ...We must remember that klingon is more of a primative language
> (as spoken) compared to other languages in the world. (If you don't
> beleive me: give me an example of future tense and past tence then
> the whole -wI' thing for verbs to noun? yea...)

1) Lacking something such as grammatical tense does not make a
language primitive.  English lacks a boatload of features present in
other languages in the world (including a few found in Klingon).

2) Future tense example: {wa'leS jIghung}
    Past tense example: {wa'Hu' jI'oj}

3) If you think {-wI'} makes Klingon more "primitive" than English,
what does that say about "-er"?

Klingon is a very simple and straightforward language.  But
primitive?  I don't think so.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level