tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 01 16:39:13 2006

Re: quadrotriticale {loSpev}

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

The term "crystal" could also reference something that looks like a crystal.
QeS 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:  ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>I'm just pointing out it's real and can be used.

rugh tu'lu' 'e' vISovchu'. It's just not used for generating power because
of the tiny amounts involved. It's dilithium I was trying to say probably
doesn't work in the way the Star Trek writers envisaged it, not antimatter.

>As for the strengthening of the anti matter core's magnets, you could
>use energy from the fusion itself to do that.

boq 'oHbe' Hap-rugh choH. Qaw'chuq, ngugh chen 'otlhmey. ('otlhmey latlh je
chenmoH bIQSIp tat rugh bIQSIp tat je choH.) 'ach taghpu'DI'
Qaw'chuqtaHghach, peQchemvaD nIn noblaHbej.
Matter-antimatter reactions are not fusion. They annihilate each other,
producing photons. (Proton-antiproton reactions produce photons and a few
other things.) But once the reaction were started, it certainly could fuel
the electromagnetic field.

>As for the buffer part itself, it would require a matter that's neutral,
>and i don't know for sure, but i think DARK matter would be kinda
>neutral.

qay'. veghbogh Hoch Hap botbe'chugh Hap'e', 'uchlaHbe' je 'uchbogh Hap.
wIpong, 'ach pImqu' maj je. peQ 'ul je HoS, tat botlh
HoS'a' je lobbe'bogh machwI'Hommey 'oH 'e' 'e' luHar HochHom.
DaHjaj HochHomvaD neutralino qaq law' Hoch qaq puS. DuHbe'bej Hapvam qutmey;
chenmeH qut, 'ut peQ 'ul je HoS.

(Before you all read any further: do you understand what I meant by {peQ 'ul
je HoS} and {tat botlh HoS'a'}? A clue: there are also {tlham HoS} and {tat
botlh HoSHom}.)

The problem is that when you have matter that doesn't interact with the
stuff that's passing through it, it also won't interact with the stuff
that's holding it in place. "Dark matter" isn't the matter we're used to;
most theories believe cold dark matter to be mainly composed of some sort of
weakly interacting particle that is not affected by the electromagnetic or
strong nuclear forces (the neutralino is currently the leading candidate).
Crystals of such matter are out of the question, since crystalline formation
depends entirely on electromagnetic interaction.

Savan,

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

mycareer.com.au: http://www.mycareer.com.au/?s_cid=213596 Land the Job