tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 04 02:05:50 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: Hur'Iq (noun)

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

QeS 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:  >would either be the same as Hur'Iq *OR* ghew (but many would argue
>the second meaning until they consider Klingons might have a prejiduce
>to bugs, but this is really unlikely, i'd go with the first one).

There's no evidence that the Hur'q were insectoid, and I don't know of
anyone who would argue that the English term "Hur'q" is from the Klingon
{ghew}. The English term "Hur'q" is from the Klingon term {Hur'Iq}; Okrand
states this in KGT. ("Outside the game", Okrand probably backfit the Klingon
I think star trek invasion being approved of by paramount is enough, they're CLEARLY bugs in it. Just because Okrand made the language dosn't mean Okrand wrote the klingon culture. Unless i'm mistaken of course... This game has paramount's logo on the back so i think it's safe to say as a source of Klingon culture. If you want some pictures, i'll be happy to oblige.