tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 21 19:05:04 2006

taH qep'a' -- please read and answer before Sunday if possible

So here we are at the Philadelphia Airport Comfort Inn, enjoying the
comraderie and linguistic tomfoolery, and the conversation turns to
musings on why we are so few here this year.  (Okay, it didn't just
happen to turn.  It was basically frogmarched there by Lawrence as
part of the scheduled programming.)  We realize that the pre-qep'a'
hype this year was weak, but it was announced in several places, and
we really want to know why everyone isn't straining at the chance to
attend.

I'm sending this questionnaire on my own.  It's not an official
product of the KLI, and I didn't solicit editorial input from the
other attendees.  I'd appreciate it if everyone who reads it could
reply here within a day or so -- before the qep'a' ends on Sunday --
so that we in Philadelphia have a chance to see the answers and
discuss them face to face while we're together.  If you see it later
than that, please answer anyway; your response will still help.

Here are the questions I have:

* Have you heard of qep'a'?
* Do you know what a qep'a' is?
* Have you ever attended a qep'a'?
* Do you want to attend a qep'a' in the future?
* Did you know when and where this year's qep'a' was to occur?
* Why did you not attend this year?

The first five questions are easy.  Just answer yes or no.  The last
one is the most important and open-ended one.  When you answer it,
please be specific.  Tell what would have to be different in order
for you be present.  Go ahead and list things that you don't think
are under the control of the KLI.  As a participant (or lurker) in
this group, what you say is valuable to the rest of the
participants.  If you prefer not to have your comments seen by
everyone else, you are welcome to respond directly to me with private
email.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level