tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 17 07:13:31 2006

Re: *cha' qo'mey pIm*

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

lay'tel SIvten::
> > ...<DevwI' bogh>...

ghunchu'wI':
>Despite the "be" in "be born", I don't believe {bogh} is a verb of
>quality.  It looks like you're trying to use it as if it meant
>live-bearing as opposed to egg-laying :)
>I translate the aphorism "leaders are born, not made" thus:'
>
>    chenbe' DevwI'. boghqu'.

FYI we have a couple of relevant {vIttlheghmey}:

   bogh tlhInganpu', SuvwI'pu' moj, Hegh
   Klingons are born, live as warriors, then die. TKW

   SuvmeH 'ej charghmeH bogh tlhInganpu'
   Klingons are born to fight and to conquer. TKW

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level