tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 29 21:55:19 2006

Re: -be' or -Qo'? I forget what the acronym was for the front... lol

naHQun ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

(as I often point out, I check my e-mail once a week
and this week I don't have enough time to check all of the mesages,
so forgive me if this has alrdy been pointed out...)

jatlh Philip Newton:
>{qamuSHa'Qo'} is "I refuse to mis-hate you"; {qamuSHa'be'} is
>"I donot mis-hate you". See the difference?Both are correct, but
>they mean different things.You might also wish to consider simply
>saying {qamuS} - "I hate you".(I'd say that translating {muSHa'}
>as "love" obscures the real meaningof the Klingon root.)

-be', -Qo', and -Ha' are all rovers. As far as I know,
you can't use more than one same-type verb suffix. Can you?

~naHQun