tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 25 01:23:20 2006

Re: HIvchuq

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

On 1/24/06, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
> BTW, the text of CK and PK have also never been officially published
> AFAIK.  Would you have us discount all of that data?

Not the mapping of phonemes to symbols, since that's fairly
unambiguous for Klingon, given a good speaker pronunciation.

My main quibble was with word division, which (I would imagine) is not
usually well-expressed in speech -- it's more an artefact of the
written word. For example, why "lighthouse" but "light year" or
"light-year" in English?
--
Philip Newton <[email protected]>
HovpoH 5217.16