tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 23 01:23:16 2006

Re: I have a few questions that confuse me...

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

On 1/22/06, Shane MiQogh <[email protected]> wrote:
> Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:
> > BTW, what resources do you have? You've
> > mentioned some on-line tools. These are fine,
> > but if you don't already have it, you really
> > need a copy of The Klingon Dictionary.
> > There are lots of other good resources, too,
> > but that one is absolutely essential.
>
> mu' HaqwI' basically is a dictionary, it uses
> TKW and the dictionary as sources for it's
> words. Basically, it has all the words the
> dictionary does.

_The Klingon Dictionary_ is not just a dictionary, though -- it also
explains grammar and how to use the language, and that's the real
reason, I think, why it's invaluable.

Most of that material is explained nowhere else. Even if the
dictionary portion of the book only listed ten words and you'd have to
look up the rest elsewhere, it would still be invaluable to have,
because it explains how the language works.

I really do recommend that you obtain it if you haven't got it already.
--
Philip Newton <[email protected]>
HovpoH 5206.93

Back to archive top level