tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 22 20:28:27 2006

RE: Neologisms (was Re: I have a few questions that confuse me...)

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

well, it's one of the few verbs you can get away with it in... Most verbs you can't do without...

DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:  > I skimmed over that, but i'm sure the hardest problem anyone
> would have with klingon is the fact that there is no form of
> "to be" in the language.. limiting you to "apache talk". lol
> Which does add a little humor to itself when you're not used to it.

I sure there are languages other than English that use a "to be", but of the
languages that I have studied, Thai, Arabic, and Maori, (and klingon), none
of them have a "to be". So in my world of linguistics, no "to be" is
normal.

DloraH