tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 22 20:32:41 2006

RE: yopwaH

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

I don't think what you said has anythign to do with evolution, so i don't beleive you have to worry about our ancestors developing pants in such a way, i'm sure even those of us who beleive in creation beleive that's how it happened too... I mean, adam and eve (not steve) were naked... So, pardon if i misunderstood you about "This might not be true for everybody and their ancestry, but it applies to
many." And you're right, it's a matter of klingon development, and considering the way the klingons are, i'm surprised they wear any clothing...

DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:  All this confusion about the plural "pants"... this confusion confuses me.
I've never had a problem with it.
Long long ago my ancestors wore a simple loincloth held in place by a rope
or belt-like strap. Well, sometimes bare legs would be a bit uncomfortable;
cold, bugs, rough brush treking through the woods, etc. So they made
leggings/pants, one for each leg and attached them to that rope/belt. Two
individual pants, separate from eachother. For some of MY ancestors this
was only a few hundred years ago. Eventually the two pants were attached to
the loincloth and evolved into what we know of today.

This might not be true for everybody and their ancestry, but it applies to
many.

We just need to investigate about the history of KLINGON clothing and its
connection with the evolution of the klingon language.

In the meantime,
If yopwaH is singular, it would be, well, grammatically singular.
If yopwaH is plural, it would still be grammatically singular.

DloraH