tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 22 20:27:24 2006

Re: yopwaH

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

I'm not saying he's not qualified, i'm just saying that just because he knows at least one, it's virtually impossibly (i won't say completly impossible) to successfully make any word (or word list) from scratch without some kinda conflict, i'm just guessing he's using some sort of multilingual basis. It's kinda like this, if you speak english all your life, you dream in english, if you start going to japan, after a few years, you will no longer dream in english. Making a language is the same way, weather even he knows it or not, there is a basis somewhere.

Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:  ja' Shane MiQogh:

> ...I'm hope i'm not being offencive in anyway, and at on the same
> not, we need to remember Marc Okrand is also a human being. His
> ability to write a language is about as good as anyone else's who
> knows 2 or more languages.

Holmaj 'oghwI' vIHubnISqu'. Hol tej po' ghaH. laHDaj QaQ law'
HotlhHom QaQ puS. Holmey HaDqu'ta'. nIv SovDaj 'e' tob DuSaQ
ghItlh'a'Daj qar'a'?

Marc Okrand is an accomplished linguist. I'd say his ability to
create a language is demonstrably better than that of most people.

-- ghunchu'wI'