tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 16 00:34:09 2006

Re: 'e' wab je vIQoy

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> this ({tlhIngan SoH je vIQoy} "I hear you and the Klingon"), but it
> strikes me as quite bizarre.

Yes, that's what I think too. It looks right, but seems wrong. Maybe just
because it's unusal...

> {wab vIQoy. muQoymoH jachbogh tlhIngan} "I heard a noise. A Klingon
> screaming made me hear (it)"

No.

I hear a klingon AND I hear (a different) noise
like as somebody is in the kitchen singing, and in the same time, a machine
is running in the kitchen. I hear both, I hear two thing on the same time, a
noise AND a voice.

Of course one might translate this now easily as {ghogh wab je vIQoy}, but
that's not my problem here.
I need to say {jach vay' 'e' vIQoy 'ej wab vIQoy.}

Quvar.