tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 27 00:38:31 2006

Re: Klingon word for "Bookmarklet"/"Favelet"?

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Russ Perry Jr wrote:
> Why "book" though?  Why not "data" or "position" "label"?

Good objection!
And a simple answer: I did it because I know that terrans use it, and would
recognize *paqper* as "book-mark".

But I agree to you. Actually, only english people could recognize it like
that. In German it's called a "reading-sign", and a website is called a
"page"

> to a Klingon *paqper* might make them think
> it's another word for "title",

I agree. They probably have *completely* different words that are not relatd
to ours at all, and hey, I'm just kidding, maybe {web} is an ancient klingon
word for a library, or maybe a large combination of computers?? Or was that
maybe the word {net}??  ;-)

Quvar.

PS: when I translated "Internet" I used {'evnagh} ;-)

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Back to archive top level