tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 20 19:41:56 2006

Re: tlhach mu'mey: HolQeD...

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Steven Boozer wrote:
>> these, like perhaps /Delbogh wot'e'/ "verb which describes" for
>> "adjective", but I don't want to come off authoritarian (maybe the
>> concensus is that /Delbogh mu''e'/ is better,
>
> Purpose-nouns may be better for these linguistic terms:  *{DelmeH wot}
> "quality, stative verb."

reH "-meH" vIlIj 'ej DIpDaq vIlo'laH...  qechlIj vIparHa'.

I always forget about /-meH/ as being usable on nouns.  :P  I like the
suggestion.

> *{vangmeH wot} "action verb"
>
> *{vang'eghbogh mojaq} "reflexive suffix"
>
> *{vangchuqbogh mojaq} "reciprocal suffix"

nuq QIj mu'vetlh 'e' vIyajbejbe'!  (Hmm -- I need a word/phrase/recast for
"definition", maybe?)

Not sure I actually understand what those *English* words mean.  :)

/Wiki/Daq ratlhbogh mu' vIlanpu'.

I've put the rest (might've missed a few) on the wiki...

Qapla'.  jIQuchqu'.  lI'qu' nabvam...

Cool.  I'm very happy, I think this was a very useful exercise.  Maybe we
can/should start other wiki jargon pages for other narrow fields of
discussion?  :)

...Paul

          ** ...Paul, [email protected], Insane Engineer **
                 "That's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Back to archive top level