tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 19 13:01:14 2004

Re: meQ (was Re: suggestions please)

Voragh:
> >    Ha'DIbaHmey meQ Sop 'e' tIv tera'nganpu'
> >    Terrans enjoy eating burnt animals.  CK
> >    [sic! for {'e' *lu*tIv tera'nganpu'}]
> >
> > Perhaps, too, the speaker (Worf's brother Kurnn IIRC) was struggling to
> > come up with a way to refer to the bizarre Terran practice of heating
> > (burning? ruining?) perfectly good meat before eating it.

lay'tel SIvten:
>It was the Klingon waitress in the restaurant scene:
>
>   [human male]     "Is Klingon food always raw?"
>   [marc okrand]    {reH tlhol'a' tlhIngan Soj.}
>
>   [klingon female] "Terrans enjoy eating burnt animals."
>   [marc okrand]    {Ha'DIbaHmey meQ Sop 'e' tIv tera'nganpu'.}
>
>I don't think Kurn (only one 'n' in TKW, pp 52, 64, 152) is in either CK or
>PK.

bIlugh.  I was thinking of a scene in TNG "Sins of the Father":  While
participating in an official exchange program aboard the Enterprise, Cdr.
Kurn is introduced to human cuisine at an official dinner arranged in his
honor by Picard.  Kurn was quite taken aback by the platter of "burnt
replicated bird meat" (roast turkey), but he said he was willing to try it
though.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons