tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 17 04:14:24 2004

Re: -be'lu' vs. -lu'be'

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:51:28 -0500 hat Steven Boozer
<[email protected]> geschrieben:

> Okrand never actually says this, but I like to think of {tu'lu'} "there
> is, there are" as a sort of frozen expression or unconjugated autonomous
> phrase.

It seems to be like that yes, many people think the same way. This comes
certainly from the fact that the language was made up by an english
speaking terran!  :-)

> But getting back to Klingon, Okrand ends the section on "Common Errors:
> The Case of {lu-}" with:

That was the section I was referring to, but I was too lazy to quote it.
Thank you ;-)

I can live with {tu'lu'} as "there is".

Quvar.

Back to archive top level