tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 27 05:48:41 2004

Re: use and purpose of this list.

In a message dated 2004-07-26 11:36:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Would you like to know what I think the real problem is?  It's that you
> keep comparing and contrasting Klingon with other languages, with no
> obvious reason except to point out how Klingon is somehow weak, incomplete,
> or otherwise inferior.  When you ask questions, you dismiss the answers you
> don't like.  And you expect those making a serious effort to become fluent
> in Klingon to embrace your repeated put-downs?

My reason for comparing Klingon to other languages is not "to point out how
Klingon is somehow weak, incomplete,
or otherwise inferior", although it *is* all three of those.  As for
dismissing the answers I don't like:  I choose which answers to accept.  Whether I
like them or not is the entire point!  It's called "a difference of opinion".

You consistently and vehemently discourage any approach (i.e. mine) to
Klingon that doesn't match your own.  Even if I were fluent in Klingon, my attitude
toward it would not be different.

Most of what I say on this list is not a criticism of Klingon, but your
attitude of discouragement promotes mine of criticism.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level