tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 23 07:28:43 2004

Re: ghop Hol

Voragh:
 >> I would be surprised if Okrand, being an academically trained linguist,
 >> hasn't learned American Sign Language and learned to sign himself.

lay'tel SIvten:
 > ghop Hol Sov'a' *Okrand*?

qurgh:
>Marc knows some ASL, in fact when I met him at SerenityCon he was with a
>guy who
>knew a ton of different forms of Sign and Marc was telling us things about ASL
>while doing signs. (The best was Signing something and then saying the Klingon
>word for it :)

Thanks for the confirmation.  Do you know whether Okrand knew ASL before
working for the Closed Captioning Institute or learned it after he was
hired?  Either way, I know many linguists become fascinated with the
different national sign languages once they are exposed to fluent "speakers".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level