tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 23 09:56:21 2004

Re: ghop Hol

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh Steven Boozer <[email protected]>:

> Thanks for the confirmation.  Do you know whether Okrand knew ASL before
> working for the Closed Captioning Institute or learned it after he was
> hired?  Either way, I know many linguists become fascinated with the
> different national sign languages once they are exposed to fluent "speakers".

Unfortuantly I don't know when he learned it. I met him in August 2001 and
believe he was already doing Closed Captioning at the time.

I'm just waiting for him to release "Sign Languages in the Empire!" ;)

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level