tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 19 06:49:34 2004

Re: canon pIqaD

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Christoph:

>I can't speak for english, but at least in german, there are multiple
>ways of (hand) writing the symbols - the same would probably be true
>for pIqaD.

In English, /a/ and /g/, and /z/ in handwriting, can be very different from
one font to the next.

There are a lot of differences in the ways people handwrite pIqaD, too (at
least for the KLI's pIqaDqoq, anyway). There are some samples at
http://klingonska.org/piqadpic.html. Here are some differences that I've
noticed from that page (at least for those people whose styles I'm familiar
with):

- The character that DloraH writes (or used to write?) for /S/ resembled my
/gh/, and my /S/ is something different altogether.
- My letter /e/ has a small tick at the bottom that distinguishes it from
/w/, where DloraH's /w/ had a curve to make the distinction.
- maHvatlh's /a/ was two strokes, mine is one.
- maHvatlh's /I/ was one stroke, mine is two.
- Some people's handwriting has trouble distinguishing between /q/ and /Q/;
mine more often confuses /p/ and /Q/ (/q/ can also get confused with /w/ in
my style if I'm sloppy).

And as you can see, the list goes on.

QeS lagh

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline

Back to archive top level