tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 17 23:39:06 2004

Re: jIH/SoH in comparatives

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Dar'Qang:

>i.e, can I do:
>?{jaHtaHvIS Soj} = "fast food"

For this specific example, the meaning of {jaHtaHvIS Soj} is already covered
by {leng Soj} "journey food" in KGT (see also {Do Qe'} "fast-food
restaurant", literally "velocity restaurant"; you might also be able to say
{Do Qe' Soj}).

More generally? I think ngabwI' or one of the {po'wI'pu'} might be better
equipped to handle this question. While it may be possible, I don't know
what the consensus is. I know that based on this same canon, I once used
{juStaHvIS Hegh} as the name for the chess move "en passant" - a "death
while passing" - but I wasn't entirely happy with it and soon changed it to
{juStaHvIS qaSbogh Hegh}.

Savan.

QeS lagh

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline

Back to archive top level