tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 12 19:32:14 2004

Re: jIH/SoH in comparatives

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Voragh:

>but, rather, is an introductory phrase for the entire comparative:
>   <qIbDaq SuvwI''e'> SoH Dun law' Hoch Dun puS.
>   "<WRT warrior(s) in the galaxy> you are the greatest of all.

And, IIRC, the only unambiguous example we have of a noun plus {-'e'}
appearing in the slot for nouns with type 5 suffixes. This may be the
confusing part, because most of the examples of {X-'e'} we have are on nouns
in situ.

QeS lagh

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp?banner=emailtag&referrer=hotmail

Back to archive top level