tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 17 19:59:14 2004

Re: canon pIqaD

cheesbro ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

In TKD section 1.1:
"Those few Klingons who pronounce {b} as {m} would say Klingon {baH} <fire (a
torpedo)> and {maH} <we> the same way, and have to memorize which word is
spelled which way."

This tells me that the system of writing tells the reader how a word is
pronounced.
Writing systems like hieroglyphics, etc does not tell the reader how to
pronounce the words.  Such a system would require that we memorize each word
anyways.

DloraH

Back to archive top level