tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 17 13:29:23 2004

Re: canon pIqaD

In a message dated 2004-07-16 11:34:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> jang Sustel:
> >Tell me what kind of instrument is used to create those strokes?
>
> Well just my (semi-)educated guess, but I've long thought that origionally,
> Klingons wrote by pressing a stylus into clay or wax, or used a blade to
> carve messages into wood or bone.

And how about in modern 25th century tlhIngan wo'?  Or right now?  What is a
good way to write pIqaD now?

For a uniform printed version (non-automated) I'm leaning toward a set of
rubber stamps arranged as a hemisphere with the stamps all pointing outward, but
it stills seems awkward.  Handwriting seems the best way to go.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level