tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 16 12:39:55 2004

RE: canon pIqaD

cheesbro ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> The KLI's version of pIqaD is hard to write,

I don't find it hard.  Certainly no harder than Asian languages.

> has some difficult-to-distinguish characters,

When I started learning arabic I thought the script was difficult; everything
looked like the same squigglely line.  But it's not too bad now that I've
played with it a little.  I'm sure others first encountering our style of
writing think some of our characters are difficult-to-distinguish.

> Every attempt at a
> pIqaD font I've ever seen also suffers from too-small space characters,
> making it nearly impossible to read, too.

That has nothing to do with pIqaD.  You can create that same problem in an
english font.  Years ago when I remapped the KLI font, I also changed the
spacing of some of the characters.  And of course when you hand write pIqaD you
can put however much space you want.

DloraH

Back to archive top level